I have been a PI or CO-PI on nine externally funded research projects, upcoming, ongoing and concluded (PI on seven), with total funding $1.8M ($1.4M my share). See "Research Interests" for more information on the research this is supporting.
- Enhanced Reproducing Kernel Particle Method for Strong Shock Hydrodynamics (PI). Karagozian & Case, Inc.
- CAREER: A Hybrid Local-Nonlocal Peridynamics Framework to Model Failure Across Deformations and Strain Rates (PI). The National Science Foundation.
- A Discrete Continuum Particle Method for Understanding Micro-structural Failure of Concrete (PI). Integrated Solutions for Systems, Inc.
- A Combined Computational-Experimental Approach to Study Three-Dimensional Fracture in Polymer-Ceramic Composites (PI). The National Science Foundation.
- STTR: High Temperature Fracture Mechanics (co-PI). Karagozian & Case, Inc.
- Enhanced Reproducing Kernel Particle Method: Variationally Consistent Naturally Stabilized Nodal Integration (PI). Karagozian & Case, Inc.
- Development and Experimental Validation of Variational Collocation Meshfree Simulation of Fracture of Nanoparticle Toughened Composite Materials (PI). The Pennsylvania State University.
- Benchmarking the Reproducing Kernel Particle Method for Geotechnical Operations (PI). CNH Industrial America, L.L.C.
- Evaluation of Concrete Materials Performance in Aging Structures (Co-PI). The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, L.L.C.